Find the answer to your Linux question:
now that im learning freespire, i decided to buy a new HD 40GB.I put it in my pc (removed the xp HD) and boot from Freespire cd.I did the install ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Thumbs up Error 18

now that im learning freespire, i decided to buy a new HD 40GB.I put it in my pc (removed the xp HD) and boot from Freespire cd.I did the install successfully but after restart ,booting up it says error 18..What the F**k is error 18 ?...

are there anything i did wrong.I tried the 1st option (use entire HD) then i use the advance.Which i later devided the HD into 2(20/20)..but still freespire failed to boot....what is causing this ?
    There is no knowledge that is not power

18 : "Invalid or unsupported executable format"
    This error is returned if the kernel image being loaded is not recognized as Multiboot or one of the supported native formats (Linux zImage or bzImage, FreeBSD, or NetBSD).

during partitioning, you selected wrong Format type....

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Unhappy re

i dont understand at all.i'll explaing what i did.first i went to windows with that HD i deleted all partitions on it and left it blank (or raw)..I did the freespire setup and booted i got error 18.Si i returned to windows again formatted the HD,this time with ntfs.I went to freespire again and i got error 18...can u please be a little crystal clear..im doomed !!

Unhappy re

i dont understand at all.i'll explaing what i did.first i went to windows with that HD i deleted all partitions on it and left it blank (or raw)..I did the freespire setup and booted i got error 18.Si i returned to windows again formatted the HD,this time with ntfs.I went to freespire again and i got error 18...can u please be a little crystal clear..im doomed !!

okk... FreeSpire is installing Kernel in cylinders that are not supported by BIOS. i think your machine's BIOS is old. check your motherboard's manufacturer site and install latest BIOS file. be very careful coz wrong version of BIOS file can make your MotherBoard unusable. follow instructions given on the manufacturer's site.

OR manually create /boot partition. it should be First partition.

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First