Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok.I'm new at this ,lost is more like it. I want to try the Linux ,so i got my hands on a LINUX disc (does have a LIVE folder). but ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question I want to install LINUX ,what now,,

Ok.I'm new at this ,lost is more like it. I want to try the Linux ,so i got my hands on a LINUX disc (does have a LIVE folder). but put it in and it didnt do anything, so this must not be a program you can just click Setup.exe and it does the rest. I'd like to know what system requirements are to run Linux,like can it be placed on an older laptop with only 3g hd 333mhz,with windows98se
    wi;; Linux work on that, is it only for windows XP customers or what? Someone tell whats what with this Linux OS I have PCs with windows 2000 windows ME,98se. Do I have anything updated enought to install it on?
    sincerely confused
    gary:

Just a note

"Linux, together with a set of GNU programs, is an operating system. That is, Linux is not a single program or a suite of tools. Most "versions" of Linux, known as "distributions", are available to download free of charge. However, there are some things you should know about downloading and installing Linux"

continued here http://www.linux.org/dist/download_info.html

You install Linux booting from a CD, not from Windows. Linux doesn't need windows to run.
    And yes, you can run Linux in that laptop.
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums