Find the answer to your Linux question:
I can't find a driver for my video card (ATI radean 7000) for Linux Mepis 6.0...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ATI Driver Help

I can't find a driver for my video card (ATI radean 7000) for Linux Mepis 6.0

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwiki
    I can't find a driver for my video card (ATI radean 7000) for Linux Mepis 6.0
    try opening settings (it's the icon that looks like a wrench located on the task bar on the bottom of your screen), click on system administration, open Mepis Utilities (log in as root), open mouse and display, click on the ATI tab. put an x on official ATI fglrx driver then apply. The bar will move to the right a bunch of times before letting you know it's complete. reboot computer afterwards.

I have an ATI Radeon 9200 card and it works fine using fglrx.

I checked their site and they don't have a driver for your card that supports linux.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmiedrugs
    try opening settings (it's the icon that looks like a wrench located on the task bar on the bottom of your screen), click on system administration, open Mepis Utilities (log in as root), open mouse and display, click on the ATI tab. put an x on official ATI fglrx driver then apply. The bar will move to the right a bunch of times before letting you know it's complete. reboot computer afterwards.

I have an ATI Radeon 9200 card and it works fine using fglrx.

I checked their site and they don't have a driver for your card that supports linux.
    i already do that on mepis utility... im lucky that i back-up my xorg.conf....

i guess i have to buy i new card for that.... >.<

I wonder how many times this has been said? ATI does not support Linux drivers. Some ATI driver have been backward made to work. But the good news is, AMD has ATI now and very soon we will start seeing driver support for them.
    Research, research, research before you walk the plank.
    Registered Linux User #398829