Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am quite new in linux and recently purchase a embedded board which came with linux operating ssytem running xfree86. I was wondering how would install make and gcc ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Install make, gcc

Hi,

I am quite new in linux and recently purchase a embedded board which came with linux operating ssytem running xfree86. I was wondering how would install make and gcc in the system?

Thanks ziggy

you can get gcc here
    http://www.icewalkers.com/Linux/Soft...13410/gcc.html

download tar.bz package...it should work on every linux distros

If I remember correctly, you need the kernel-headers and a previous gcc to compile it.

We need more info in order to help you. Distro?
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    The Linux installed in the EP810 is not part of any distro. The kernel is based on the 2.6.8.1 for i686 and it using the xfree86 for the GUI.

The Linux is running using a compact flash and the embedded board EP810 is from Axiomtek.

A separate problem.
    I have also installed Ubuntu into a separate compact flash and that works fine with Xorg. I am trying to play a video using Mplayer and Xine but when running a video with a resolution 1600x600, the player crashes and display a blank screen in the video output. The video chipset is Intel 852. I have tried using a PC with Nvidia graphics card and the video works fine. Could that be a problem with the drivers for the Chipset?

For the Axiomtek Linux, is they any differences between the Xfree86 and Xorg when using the Intel 852 chipset?

Cheer
    Ziggy