Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello everyone.. any tips or suggestions for this thread? OR will it be the same when 2.8 is to be upgraded to 3.0? - i have read some stuffs that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

zenwalk : upgrade to 4.0 FROM 3.0

hello everyone.. any tips or suggestions for this thread? OR will it be the same when 2.8 is to be upgraded to 3.0? - i have read some stuffs that upgrading to 4.0 is not that recommended .. . just want to pick up some ideas from u guys. . though im ready to have a fresh install; just wanted to know the real reason
    P4 1.8, 1G DDR ram, 64mb GF2 MX400, 80G WD and 40G Maxtor, ECS mobo. Playing XP,Slack 12.0 and Vector Linux 5.8 GOLD, STD 6.0 Zenwalk 4.6.1, OpenBSD 3.9

Because of the major change in X server (6.9 to 7.1, which uses different directories), it is not recommended to upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0, though some people have successfully did it :
    http://support.zenwalk.org/index.php?topic=4311.new#new

It says "average users" should do a clean/fresh install :
    http://www.zenwalk.org/modules/news/...php?storyid=21

If you have good backups and are confident with your problem solving abilities, you can take your chances and do the upgrade.
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Linux Newbie
    damn m such a dimwit. . i visited the site when i saw the announcement from distrowatch BUT i did not even bother to read the article thorouhly. . il just make a fresh install. thanks
    P4 1.8, 1G DDR ram, 64mb GF2 MX400, 80G WD and 40G Maxtor, ECS mobo. Playing XP,Slack 12.0 and Vector Linux 5.8 GOLD, STD 6.0 Zenwalk 4.6.1, OpenBSD 3.9

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    hi. . i have now installed zen 4.0 is ppp-go STILL to be used in connecting to the net; after doing pppsetup?

well.. got the answer. . . m now using my internet connection now with 4.0