Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Dsl Wtf!!?!

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

Realg187, I know this may sound weird but you really need to learn to be able to type properly. Not only is the way you type hard to read, it is also very immature and won't get you a lot of respect.

Plus, Looking through your posts it looks like you have asked a lot of the same questions.

If you want to use Linux, use it, if not, don't. Seriously, you're going to need to do a bit of the work yourself rather than just relying on everyone else to baby you through everything.

Research, Research, Research

My goal was to get online wifi with linux. Downloaded (& read alot) a bunch of 'distros': freespire, linspire, Ubunto etc. including DSL & puppy. Read all I could about wifi connecting in linux environment.

Puppy turned out ~ easy for me. Just startin to have a look at linux, so a noob.

Puppy (2.12) is humming wifi with a d-link dwl g122 ver B (has the RT 2500 chipset) usb dongle at rated 54 Mbps & is stable. Windows driver (NetRTUSB .inf - file only) was easy to load with the puppy ethernet wizard using ndiswrapper. I'm running a live CD.

Way faster already than my bloated windows machines.

ps- didn't have any luck with DSL or any of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by realg187
    Is DSl?Puppy good for wifi???

Also, the have AVG for Linux??

Banned
    By my Gat and [modded] PSP listening to Gangsta Rap
    I have no time to read or type in full..

I got the new one and still have iissues with /etc/fstab

Also, I figured out that when i opened:
    192.168.1.1 for my Routers built in confirure, it didnt work,, but I think thats cuz for DHCP to work u need it plugged in when its starting not after it all starts...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Banned
    By my Gat and [modded] PSP listening to Gangsta Rap

need help!!

i figured out how to play mp3 discs butonly can play sum of the songs. Only 1 dir comes up and it doesnt read my jpg cd or harddrives! is ubuntu this bad cuz dsl is Only 50 mb so wat can I expect?

This thread has dragged on long enough. If you're having problems with Ubuntu, please start a thread in that section of the forum.
    Registered Linux user #270181