Find the answer to your Linux question:
After trying out two other distros of Linux, I am delighted to find Mepis. I am pretty much a Linux newbie, I tried Ubuntu, it was ok, I tried Debian, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Delightful Mepis

After trying out two other distros of Linux, I am delighted to find Mepis. I am pretty much a Linux newbie, I tried Ubuntu, it was ok, I tried Debian, it was hell, I guess it's because the lack of experience in Linux on my part, I found it very difficult to set up. Then comes Mepis, love it! No CLI configuration mess, nice KDE GUI, and best of all, it just works right after installation. I have it on my Linux box which has Ubuntu, Debian and Mepis on it so far. And I also installed it on the Virtual PC on my Windows machine, it's works great. Oh well,
    enough Babblings.

Just a simple question, the little fish thing in the taskbar, what does it do? I click on it, it doesn't seem to do anything. Looks cute tho.

MacPC.

Is that the "Sherman's Lagoon" applet? It's just a miniature version of a screen saver based on a comic strip, available online here. You're right, it doesn't do anything. It's just a little diversion. The real screen saver can be a bit entertaining.
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!

Linux Newbie
    I absolutely love Mepis too! I was using SUSE for a long time and I am now having a lot of fun with Mepis. SUSE without a lot of tweaking seems to be slower (probably because of my lack of Linux knowledge). Well anyway, I definitely found the one I enjoy.

Linux is numero uno! I have taken up Archery.