Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm gonna be completley honest, I'm a newbie to Linux. I got a boot cd of Linux 07' yesterday. So far, only one problem. I use AOL on my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

AOL help

Hi, I'm gonna be completley honest, I'm a newbie to Linux. I got a boot cd of Linux 07' yesterday. So far, only one problem. I use AOL on my other computers and already have an account with them. I tried setting up AOL, but everytime I get a message that says, "Penggy Died" I have no idea what this means. Please help! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wixdfast
    Hi, I'm gonna be completley honest, I'm a newbie to Linux. I got a boot cd of Linux 07' yesterday. So far, only one problem. I use AOL on my other computers and already have an account with them. I tried setting up AOL, but everytime I get a message that says, "Penggy Died" I have no idea what this means. Please help! Thanks
    Are you trying to use the full AOL service or just AOL Instant Messenger? If the answer is the former than I can tell you that AOL products are notoriously buggy on Linux and it would be difficult to try and get those problems sorted out (not to discourage you from trying). However, if it's the latter than you can easily use AOL with GAIM, which is a popular multi--protocol (including AIM) messenger client for Linux.

Just Joined!

AOL reply

Yea, I am using the AOL. I'll use anything though, I mean I have the aol access numbers. If theres a program that will sign me on. Thanks again!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

also I thought if I could setup a peer to peer network with my laptop that has internet access, could I use that?

Quote Originally Posted by wixdfast

Whoa.....you are actually trying to use AOL? That is like the most retarded thing I've ever heard a linux user trying to do. But of course if that is really what you want then I got what you need. Just click here