Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anyone know how to make the debian 2.2 kernel use different video drivers during intallation so this older debian derivative can install on new hardware?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Corel Linux

Does anyone know how to make the debian 2.2 kernel use different video drivers
    during intallation so this older debian derivative can install on new hardware?

Hi dieckert and welcome to the forum!

Whoa! I haven't seen a post about Corel Linux in a long time! I'm not sure how to do what you are wanting, but there should be a way to do a text install with Corel. Does it not give the choice of doing a text install? Is it giving you anything at all or just a blank screen?

If you don't mind my asking, why do you want to install it? Corel is truly archaic compared to the newer versions of the different distros. Corel became Xandros which is very user and would give you substantially better hardware support. I'm pretty sure they offer a free version of it too...
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!

Corel Linux

Mr Dapper Dan.

Yah corel linux is based on Debian potato and if it doesn't recognize the video situation then
    it tries to do generic. Sometimes this works but mostly not.

I sent a good flame letter about why I use this distro but my login timed out before I finished it and all was lost. Damn! It will probably keep me out of trouble though. Once I posted a good flame and now it comes up during searches on the subject. Suffice it to say I love Paradox, WordPerfect and Quattro pro and the Windows Epidemic is terrible, ie. 20 new infections per second.

Note Corel Linux is well thought out does what I need, is free and runs in VMware if I need it to . Hurray for VMware.!

Quote Originally Posted by dieckert

Note Corel Linux is well thought out does what I need, is free and runs in VMware if I need it to . Hurray for VMware.!
    You do realize that there are much newer Linux distributions out there that are also free, correct?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!

SI Senore

Yep there are newer distros but they don't run paradox, wordperfect and quattro pro. Im on FC6 on this computer but still use Corel in VMware when I want it.