Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dream Linux 2.1 is able to discover and use my scsi cdrom correctly, but 2.2 is not. Does anyone know what changed and if this issue can be resolved? I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Differences between Dream Linux 2.1 and 2.2? [solved]

Dream Linux 2.1 is able to discover and use my scsi cdrom correctly, but 2.2 is not. Does anyone know what changed and if this issue can be resolved? I need the newer kernel in the 2.2 release.
    Last edited by Jim_B; 02-02-2007 at 09:05 PM. Reason: resolved

Linux Newbie
    I just came across the news it says :
    Dreamlinux 2.2 Multimedia Edition brings countless new features. The kernel is 2.6.18, and the distro uses Debian 'testing' repositories. A greater number of applications for multimedia have been added, allowing to open and manipulate many different types of audio and video files. Beyond the many updates, other refinements have also been incorporated: upgrade assistant, new control panel, and the 'Easy-Install' application that allows the user to install non-Debian programs like Google Earth, Picasa, Opera, etc.

So, do you have the new kernel?
    Unix, Linux tips...

Just Joined!

I have the new kernel, it's part of the distro, but...

version 2.1 recognized my scsi cd rom as a possible boot source, whereas 2.2 will not boot from scsi cd rom. Apparently, someone decided that supporting scsi cd roms was no longer important. I now have to use vector, zenwalk or one of the other distros which still support (sdr0) as a boot source.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close