Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have been trying distros for about two months now, and after reading the Xandros manual, twice, I believe I am ready to move head with Xandros. I am using ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    MDR
    Just Joined!

Cool DVD Burning in Free Version of Xandros

I have been trying distros for about two months now, and after reading the Xandros manual, twice, I believe I am ready to move head with Xandros.

I am using the Free version and when I read the documentation I find that the DVD burning in this version is limited to 2x. I was wondering if this is a limitation of the xandros OS or if it is, rather, a limitation of the Burning software they have provided with the distro. And if the latter is the case, what DVD burning software are others using to get around this issue.

Thank you.

It is a limit of the software. You can install k3b and burn at higher speeds To install k3b (once you get to that place), take a look at http://forums.xandros.com/viewtopic.php?t=24771
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Quote Originally Posted by Vergil83
    It is a limit of the software. You can install k3b and burn at higher speeds To install k3b (once you get to that place), take a look at http://forums.xandros.com/viewtopic.php?t=24771
    Another vote for k3b here. I have yet to use any software, Windows or Linux, that matched the functionality and overall ease of use of k3b. If you can manage to get it installed, you can choose which speeds to burn at, among other things.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    MDR
    Just Joined!

Thumbs up

Thank you. I had been looking at K3B for a couple of days now, thinking that this may be the way to go. Of all the Linux burning software I found K3B seemed to be top of the list in all searches.

Thank you both very much