Results 1 to 2 of 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Creating a hard disk repository ?!
1. I have Mepis 6.0-1 live DVD, and I've installed it. How to make use of "extra" folders on the DVD containing packages? don't want to download something I already have on DVD.
2. How can I save packages downloaded with Synaptic in /var/cache/apt for future installations (on other PC's) ?
Please give me a detailed descripion.
Mepis is cool!
Well, I found a solution for the task:
1. Create a folder structure: /home/user_name/dists/MEPIS/main/binary-i386
Also create a folder binary-i386 in ~/user_name/
2. Copy all the .deb packages to ~/user_name/binary-i386 folder
3. Open Konsole in ~/user_name/:
#dpkg-scanpackages binary-i386 /dev/null | gzip -9c > dists/MEPIS/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz
4. Start Synaptic
5. Settings/Repositories -> New
Edited:This is the final version. I've checked it. It works!