Find the answer to your Linux question:
That's about it, for example: I have firefox 1.5 on by default but have replaced it with 2.0. How do I remove the old one and add the new firefox ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

How to delete outdated software on Zenwalk..?

That's about it, for example:

I have firefox 1.5 on by default but have replaced it with 2.0. How do I remove the old one and add the new firefox in my menu etc... ?

(By the way this distro is cool)

if you uninstall earlier version, it will remove a lot of other packages too. keep both for a while. Updater will replace it with latest one whenever that will available in repositories. meanwhile, edit Menu and replace FireFox command of earlier version with latest version's path.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Yes I thought of it that way too and have edited the menu thanks. Also you were speaking about repositories ... ? Is there some kind of package managing system on Zenwalk ?

Other thing is, I've downloaded the latest nVidia drivers so I could install it, went to init 3 and tried it. No precompiled kernel found etc...so I couldn't install it. I have installed the nVidia drivers like this before on both PCLinuxOS and SuSE. Just not sure how I'm going to go about this kernel thing...?

Thanks again for your wealth of information devils_casper !!!