Find the answer to your Linux question:
I had planned to enjoy my Linux installation for a longer period of time. I quess this enjoyment didn't last long. That's okay, somebody help me learn some things. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

DCOPserver Problem!

I had planned to enjoy my Linux installation for a longer period of time. I quess this enjoyment didn't last long. That's okay, somebody help me learn some things.

I don't have any idea what I can solve as far as problems from the live CD for Mepis 64 bit. Here is my problem. I am not able to log in because of the error message. "There was an error setting up process communications for KDE, (which I believe has to do with the splash screen) Could not read network connection list - home/mel/dcopserver_mel's computer_o check to see that the dcopserver program is running."

Thursday night after I finally got Mepis to install I did a virus scan after downloading several repositories from the Linux website and I came up with 72 virus's in the quarantine file in the home partition. It said I needed more room to install the files. I haven't used G-Parted yet to resize the partition. As you can see I can't log in. All the viruses were found in extendedfile. What is extended file? Several remained loose, so I searched the net to find some "free" software, but was not able to install it. I assume because my home partition isn't large enough. I thought I gave the remained of my hard drive to the home partition, which is over 20GB. Other than through memory can you see which partition is home? Maybe my partition was only 4.44???

One of the files I downloaded had to do with KDE for the desktop, something to do with the splash screen. This download could be the problem for the above error. However, from my search on the internet several people are complaining about the same error message.

Please help! This is my first Linux system I've every installed. I am very familiar with windows, but I'm in to something I don't completely understand. How do I get rid of this error message so I can log on to Mepis?

Just Joined!

Wink Don't Worry!

I can see that his is a problem that has many people baffled as to how to guide a person to fix, so I just formatted and reinstalled.