Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have an ATI All in Wonder TV Tuner Card in my computer, which worked fine with Windows XP Professional. Now I'm wanting to be able to watch TV on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question ATI Help!

I have an ATI All in Wonder TV Tuner Card in my computer, which worked fine with Windows XP Professional. Now I'm wanting to be able to watch TV on Mepis. How do I do this? I downloaded Linux installer for 64 bit from ATI Website and Mepis says if I install this program it will result in a corrupt file. Also, this is going to sound stupid to all you experts, but remember I a newbie to Linux. This interface is not all that user friendly, but I'm trying to understand. Where do you type all these commands that I see being giving to others. Within the terminal? Please help! I'm looking for a manual that will educate me.

Back to the ATI drivers! Can I download a driver from Linux that will enable me to watch TV through my ATI Card?

ATI has never supported the video cards under Linux. Now that AMD has aquired them, we may see supported Linux drivers for ATI cards. Did you use the live CD to check what would work on the card? And yes, within the terminal is the command line.
    Research, research, research before you walk the plank.
    Registered Linux User #398829

Just Joined!

Cool Help ATI

I have CD for Sled 10. This is not a Live CD, but an istallation CD only as I can tell. This is suppose to be Norvell's competition against Microsoft Vista Ultimate. How do I check to see if this cd has drivers for ATI? Norvell has its own update center for all drivers, but they don't seem to have anything for ATI All in Wonder Cards as far as I can tell.

I was trying to see if I could get KDETV and MythTV to work. I don't know anything about either software download. If you could get my graphics card and TV Tuner combo to be recognized by any other software than Multi-Media Center, I would appreciate the information.

Thanks for the reply! I haven't been checking the Linux Forum for a while now. I've been installing different distro's in the evenings seeing what I can learn and adapt to my own office situation. Ferdora Core 6 has problems with the resolution settings on my LCD monitor from ViewSonic. Mepis 64 bit has far to many error messages when I load it, so I'm hoping Sled 10 is the one for me. Nothing within the Linux field of units is user friendly even though they say it is getting to be more this way. Sled 10 is the closest towards being user friendly for those Windows users that are trying to make a transition at mid-life.

Again, where do you go to check for drivers for ATI besides ATI?

Research, research, research before you walk the plank.
    Registered Linux User #398829