Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all I've recently migrated over to Freespire and really want to run this distro (it really is a beautiful looking distro) but I'm having a major issue with Flash ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Flash 9 Sound- a final answer?

Hi all

I've recently migrated over to Freespire and really want to run this distro (it really is a beautiful looking distro) but I'm having a major issue with Flash 9 - no sound. Vision is fine, but no sound.

I have scoured the Freespire boards for a possible solution but can only find posts relating to the Beta version of the plugin.

Now, I may be wrong, but isn't the Flash 9 plugin for Linux no longer in the Beta stage? I've used Flash 9 in Ubuntu and it works fine so the issue CANNOT be the plugin.

I've seen posts everywhere about alsaconfig etc. but this hasn't solved my problem.

It will work temporarily but when I reboot my system, sound in Flash disappears again! Surely the solution isn't running alsaconfig everytime I boot up and start Firefox is it?

Please help! What is the final answer/solution to getting sound in Flash 9 on Freespire?

Anyone know/have a solution?

Linux Newbie
    it could be that freespire is based on old out of date ubuntu code