Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear friends, I am using mepis 6.0 and firefox 1.5.0.4 is installed. But I want to increse font size. I have to do it manually each time I start firefox. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

firefox problem

Dear friends, I am using mepis 6.0 and firefox 1.5.0.4 is installed. But I want to increse font size. I have to do it manually each time I start firefox. When I go to edit -->preference-->content and modify the font size, font colour, nothing happens. I can't modify font colour, font size or anything of this kind in this way. What to do?
    Thanks,
    Saurav

Just Joined!
    When you change the font settings, by default you are only changing the default settings that apply when the page you are viewing doesn't specify its own settings.

If you want to override any font settings that the page its self sets, then go to Edit->Preferences then go to the Content tab. In the Fonts section, click Advanced, and in there you can do what you like to the page. I personally set the minimum font size on my media PC (which conects to my TV) so that pages that are well designed will be viewed as the designer intended, but pages that don't follow all the accessibility guidelines have their fonts bumped up a couple of sizes.