Find the answer to your Linux question:
Was, is .... the locales. I have fixed many things. But I cannot force Mepis to use proper file names. For example: I have file called Árúház.odt . I can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

OpenOffice and Hungarian files

Was, is ....
    the locales.
    I have fixed many things. But I cannot force Mepis to use proper file names.
    For example: I have file called Árúház.odt. I can even save a document with that name and OpenOffice shows properly the name. But when I open the folder containing the file, I can see only %25C1rgoli%25FA%25F6.odt and similar.
    And of course, it is not possible to open such a file!
    This is a critical failure, cos I'm Hungarian. I like my motherlanguage, and I want to use it in file naming. I have locales set all to Hungarian, and I have no other problems with apps, but I don't know what to do.
    If you need a CD/DVD catalogizer, give a try to my program:
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...content=100682
    Linux Usert#430188

Just Joined!

thats a unicode problem

I am Bulgarian; thankfully I know English well so i dont have to set Mepis to Cyriclic BUT I like to d/l and read French comic books and they also got the letters such as á so I get the same problem as you. You need to set it to a diff Unicode; I don't know which unfortunetly.
    Try to post your question to MEPISlovers Forums - Powered by vBulletin MEPISlovers Forums - Powered by vBulletin and see what answer you get. I would like to know also.