Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey folks. Well, I installed DSL on my USB drive and it took to it fine. The problem is that when I try to boot from it ISOLINUX can't seem ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

DSL on USB worked but..

Hey folks.

Well, I installed DSL on my USB drive and it took to it fine.

The problem is that when I try to boot from it ISOLINUX can't seem to find the kernel. It says something like "Cannot find/load kernel : Linux

ISOLINUX then leaves a prompt where the user can input different kernal names. Is it possible the dsl kernel is named something different? And if so, does anyone know that name?

Also, I made the USB drive with the USB-HDD option. My bios doesnt have a USB-HDD setting, but it does have USB-ZIP. I was trying to use USB-ZIP to boot this drive. I guess this could also be the problem as ZIP disk architecture is different from HDD. I thought maybe it would not be a problem when I saw that the bios detected the drive and attempted to boot. Your thoughts?

Just Joined!
    If you have a floppy drive you can download a boot.img from dsl that boots usb when the bios does not. I have dsl on usb pen but can boot usb-hdd I did however use their other boot.img to boot cdrom when bios did not, to install to hard disk. So the other may work for you..you need rawrite to copy the boot.img to the floppy via windows and this is done from dos...
    if that helps at all