Find the answer to your Linux question:
A while ago, my friends sister got a laptop and printer from Gateway (if that makes any significance...). Anyway, we try to install the printer that came with the laptop, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Installing printer results in crash...

A while ago, my friends sister got a laptop and printer from Gateway (if that makes any significance...). Anyway, we try to install the printer that came with the laptop, because hey, you would think that since they sent it with Vista it would be compatible. Right?

Looks like we are wrong. After installing the printer it required a reboot, and now after the Gateway logo is done, I get two options - one is that I should go through the System Check thingy (not sure what it's called right now, my mind is fuzzy), but whenever I do it goes back and reboots the computer - a never ending hellacious cycle of rebooting - from hell.

The other option is to run Vista normally. When we select this option, we get this blue screen telling us that we should check our hard drive for viruses, along with stuff like "x000040934590350" (I just made up the numbers). Really, what do we do from this point?

We tried screwing around in the BIOS screens and Advanced Options stuff, but there are no answers to this puzzle. Perhaps, maybe, is there a way to roll-back Windows in it's state before trying to install the printer?

Maybe I should just wipe out Vista and put XP on it. Or maybe Linux - nah, she's too retarded to even comprehend Linux. Word.

Just Joined!

win vista

from my BATA2 VISTA book if os fails to start it loads STARTUP REPAIR TOOL if it doesn't fix it, it gives you options.

one is last working setting try this.

if this doesnt work ,you can force safe mode in VISTA by F8 @boot then u can remove printer //// after reboot when os comes up reinstall printer