Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello forumers, Im Kerpymon, the new guy. Ive been off an on with linux mainly becuase of application concerns. The programs I like to use especially games I need Windows ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Nexenta

Hello forumers, Im Kerpymon, the new guy. Ive been off an on with linux mainly becuase of application concerns. The programs I like to use especially games I need Windows and such, but Im sick of crashing. I understand that linux is not totally idiot proof and willing to learn how to use it more. But anyways.

I can partition and do all that setup business okay by myself but other than that I dont know alot of commands.

I recently installed Nexenta Alpha 6, and having problems connecting to the internet. I dont know how to fix it and it is sort of irritating me. Help Me please

Quote Originally Posted by Kerpymon
    Hello forumers, Im Kerpymon, the new guy. Ive been off an on with linux mainly becuase of application concerns. The programs I like to use especially games I need Windows and such, but Im sick of crashing. I understand that linux is not totally idiot proof and willing to learn how to use it more. But anyways.
    Welcome. Keep an open mind and you'll learn a lot playing with Linux.

I can partition and do all that setup business okay by myself but other than that I dont know alot of commands.

I recently installed Nexenta Alpha 6, and having problems connecting to the internet. I dont know how to fix it and it is sort of irritating me. Help Me please
    Understand that Nexenta is a strange beast. It's not really Linux at all; it's the Sun Solaris kernel with a bunch of GNU open-source software tacked onto it. If you're looking to learn Linux, Nexenta is a poor choice simply because it is not Linux.

Also, I recommend that as you're starting out you stick to stable releases. "Alpha" and "Beta" releases have unresolved bugs in them that will likely make your life harder. Although we shy away from recommending specific distributions, I can tell you that any of the top 5 popular distributions on DistroWatch will likely be easier for you to get installed and let you get to learning the new OS.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    But NEXENTA OS is cool distro, I have installed it on my vmware and now I am testing it, i like many new utilities it have and also many ported apps