Find the answer to your Linux question:
OK NOW I HAVE BEEN RUNNING WINDOWS FOREVER AND I HAVE JUST STARTED USING LINUX LIKE TWO DAYS AGO THIS IS MY SET UP RIGHT NOW I AM RUNNING XDSL ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help im completely new to linux

OK NOW I HAVE BEEN RUNNING WINDOWS FOREVER AND I HAVE JUST STARTED USING LINUX LIKE TWO DAYS AGO THIS IS MY SET UP RIGHT NOW I AM RUNNING XDSL ON MY XBOX AND I HAVE NATIVE INSTALLED IT TO MY HD

WHAT I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH IS HOW TO INSTALL PROGRAMS USING THIS OPERATING SYSTEM I HAVE NEVER USED LINUX BEFORE THIS AND THE ONLY THINGS I CANGET TO WORK ARE THE PROGRAMS THAT AUTO INSTALL FROM MY DSL SO IF SOME ONE CAN WALK ME THROUGH INSTALLING APPLICATION ON DSL I WOULD BE VERRY HAPPY

MY SCREEN NAME ON AIM IS kr0ssfad3

Just Joined!

dsl program installs

there are several ways to install programs to dsl

if you are connected to the internet you can use the desktop icon to browse the repository and download programs
    you can also use the web browser .go here

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/...mnsmall/mydsl/

browse the repository for programs and download the ones you like to /home dsl. find the download in emilfm and click it. then click the mydsl button in the center panel. done
    you should see the program listed in the menu under mydsl, depending on the file you installed

alternatively with hard disk installs you can download and install synaptic and dsl dpkg and install some of the debian packages...although these are somewhat limited due to the small size of dsl

there are several kinds of extensions .dsl, tar.gz, uci.
    .both .dsl and tar.gz install via the mydsl button...this is done as a regular user and NOT a super user

not sure about the unc extensions..I have not installed the new version yet

hope that helps a little