Find the answer to your Linux question:
http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/oth...os-x-love.html If you want OS X look, use OS X It's a pretty stable and beatiful OS Nobody wants to imitate a different OS currently in Linux, we want to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Reply to a lock happy mod

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/oth...os-x-love.html

If you want OS X look, use OS X
    It's a pretty stable and beatiful OS

Nobody wants to imitate a different OS currently in Linux, we want to be unique and such projects (imitate OS X or Windows) are not welcome

Last thing, I don't want to be rude, but if you want a DE designed to look like OS X, code it yourself and don't come demanding one.
    Well, excuse me. First of all, I DO use OS X but find linux more flexible with a wider array of drivers and an easier to code for feel.

If you're too closed-minded to 'welcome' Linux Distros made to make transitioning easier then I'll go elsewhere that does, it's all you had to say.

One last thing, I wasn't demanding anything. I was ASKING if a distro ALREADY EXISTING was MADE like that with a particular intention in mind. It's plain rude to demand a whole OS project for myself and it's also rude to assume I'm such without giving a chance to clarify.

But I guess the image of these forums guru's are so easily shattered they must close threads before any kind of response can be given to their rudeness.

First, I'm NOT a moderator thus I CANNOT lock your thread, I was looking forward for your reply and got surprised when I saw it locked.
    If you're too closed-minded to 'welcome' Linux Distros made to make transitioning easier then I'll go elsewhere that does, it's all you had to say.
    No, I don't hate Linux distros made to make transitioning easier, I'm using Ubuntu right now, don't take it personal, I just said that this kind of projects are often not welcomed by the community not myself and usually get abandoned (see XPde)

One last thing, I wasn't demanding anything. I was ASKING if a distro ALREADY EXISTING was MADE like that with a particular intention in mind. It's plain rude to demand a whole OS project for myself and it's also rude to assume I'm such without giving a chance to clarify.
    Sorry If I understood incorrectly, my english is sometimes poor and I interpreted your post in a non-correct way
    But I guess the image of these forums guru's are so easily shattered they must close threads before any kind of response can be given to their rudeness.
    The Linux Guru thing is just designated by number of posts on the forums and means nothing, at least for myself, I'm just a Linux user and I have a lot to learn still
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Just Joined!
    Great... now I feel like an ass. I deserve whatever is coming towards me.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    hi AnalogMan,

It was me who Locked your last thread
    if you are plaining to Transition from OS X to Linux, you should accept Linux as it is. Linux/Windows/OS X are unique in there own ways.
    if you want OS X look and feel in Linux, a lot of themes and Icons sets have been developed.
    Juan Pablo's reply looked perfect to me and i locked that thread.
    Last edited by devils casper; 03-18-2007 at 04:53 AM.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First