Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just installed Xandros to dual boot with Windows XP. If I exit from Windows XP and turn off the computer, when I push the power button to turn it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

computer won't start

I just installed Xandros to dual boot with Windows XP. If I exit from Windows XP and turn off the computer, when I push the power button to turn it back on, it works fine. If I exit from Xandrox and turn off the computer, when I go to turn it back on, the power button is dead. I have found that if I hold the power button on and toggle the power supply switch back and forth, I can usually get it started. This is a new power supply that has always worked fine with Windows. If I uninstall Xandros, the problem goes away.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Phil

Just Joined!
    I believe the problem lies with your boot configuration or LILO, There are ways to fix, edit or set up your computer to work with both OS's. It really comes down to how you want to configure it. Personally, I prefer to install two hard drives and load each OS on their own drive and use my bios to boot to which one I want. However, if you want to set up a dual boot system on a single drive, you will have to post more information regarding your system. What kind of drive, capacity, partition info, Sata driver ? Installed ? If you can go to Xandros website and check in their forum and see what posts there are on dual booting. You may find several posts and one of them may apply. You may also want to check and see if you have the latest bios installed for your motherboard as this may be an issue with your soft on soft off control.