Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well, I've been using Linux (Xandros) for a couple of weeks so I have, sadly, very little know-how. I do enjoy Linux over Windows! My biggest issue I'm seeming to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question ASUS DVD-Burner Help

Well, I've been using Linux (Xandros) for a couple of weeks so I have, sadly, very little know-how. I do enjoy Linux over Windows!

My biggest issue I'm seeming to have is that I don't have a proper driver for my ASUA DVD/CD Burner combo. It plays CDs fine. I haven't tried burning anything yet. What's strange, to me anyway, is when I put in a DVD Movie to watch, it'll play the DVD but cut out at the title screen. Then the DVD player pops up an error message telling me I don't have enough "rights" to play this DVD Movie. The DVD Player I'm using is Xine.

I can't figure out if it's a software issue. Or if it's because I don't have the proper driver loaded. I also can't get to the driver to change it around; at least through the Control Center. So I'm lost as what to do. Any help out there?! Please!

Lillian

Drivers sound fine. I think libdvdcss is just what the doctor ordered.
    'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.'
    --Abraham Lincoln

Just Joined!
    And, to sound like an idiot. What is libdvdcss? I know what a css is in web page terminology.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close