Find the answer to your Linux question:
Today, i installed Xandros Desktop Home edition - premium onto my hard drive as a separate partition to my windowsXP professional operating system. Before i installed, i de-fragmented my computer, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Booting issues

Today, i installed Xandros Desktop Home edition - premium onto my hard drive as a separate partition to my windowsXP professional operating system.

Before i installed, i de-fragmented my computer, loaded it up and installed it to resize my windows partition. Windows was left alone fine, taking up 2/3 of my 300GB hard drive. I installed the Xandros boot menu as well.

When i click on the Xandros load option. It goes to a blue screen with the loading menu, and as the bar get's to about halfway, the system restarts. Does anyone have any idea why, or even how i can fix it?

Many thanks in advance.
    Luke

Hi lukster91,

Welcome to the LinuxForums.

boot up Xandros in command line mode, log in as normal user and execute 'startx'. post error message here, if any.
    post your machine's specs too.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Ok, computer specs:

1GB ram
    3800+ 2.83Ghz processor (not sure what make)
    Nvidia Graphics card

Not sure i know anything else that would be useful. It's a pretty recant up-to-date PC.

Can't find command line option. I have got in contact with some friends and i am reinstalling it...

I am pretty newbie to this.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    reinstall wont change anything coz its a Graphics Card problem.
    Select Xandros title in GRUB screen, press e, select kernel line and press e again. add <space> 3 at the end of line. press Enter key and b. Xandros will boot up in command line mode.
    Code:
    nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    Code:
    Section "Device"
    	Identifier  "Videocard0"
    	Driver      "vesa"
    EndSection
    save file and reboot.
    this will fix graphics problem. install nVidia driver for better performance.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Nothing has worked. I have even installed it in 256 colours and vesa mode. You must be talking about a different version? At no point does the system ask me for a root user and password...

Remember this is happening while the progress bar is halway, it says starting system applications or something similar on-screen. When i load it up in the text based version, it reboots (still) when it says USB on screen?

Sorry..