Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello friends and fellow Linux users, I desperatly need help in saving my Freespire system which I loved so dearly I am a novice and very new to anything GNU ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

My Freespire might be dead...

Hello friends and fellow Linux users, I desperatly need help in saving my Freespire system which I loved so dearly

I am a novice and very new to anything GNU related. I choose to use freespire as my distro because of some perks (mp3 and other compatibility software was already installed) CNR was also a good perk

My computer is set up with 2 internal harddrives (storage) and a third integrated hardrive slot that hardrives can be swapt. The interchangable internal slot is the one where the boot hardrives are placed

for example, as I share this computer with my Father, He puts in his harddrive which has Xp on it and he effectivly is on a windows computer, with two hardrives he can use (1 of the two storage drives are mine the other his, in addition to our personal interchangables)

basicly,. my hardrive with freespire now has a problem and I am not sure if it is thej drive or freespire itself

everything seems to load but instead of getting to the login screen it just keeps loading, going into a page with error messages and other computer system text (stuff I havent read and moves to fast for me to read anyways)

and it keeps going like this for 10 minuts, restarts and loads again only to once again go to this page instead of going to the loging screen

it resembles the screen that shows itself in fedora core 4 when you press (show details) in the initial load before the login screen

I domt know what to do, I cant login and I dont knw what the text means or how to work with itplease help/

we cant suggest you anything unless we check error messages. press scroll lock key and note down last message and post it here.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

grub error 17 is such a load of bullocks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    why don't you reinstall it?