Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm currently attempting to install solaris 10. I use the default install all the way, and get into the GUI install interface. It detects the mouse and keyboard, and then ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Solaris 10 Hangs on Install

I'm currently attempting to install solaris 10. I use the default install all the way, and get into the GUI install interface. It detects the mouse and keyboard, and then gets me to select my language.

Once it is done that it brings up a small window in the bottom right of the screen labelled "Solaris Install Console". In this window is where it hangs. It sits there with the message "Completing system identification...". This is the first message with nothing before or after. Anyone got any idea's?

Hi

First does your computer system meet all the required hardware needs for Solaris.
    Second is the software platform for Intel or Sun.

Just Joined!
    Yes, the systems is one of the systems that is supported by Sun. The platform is an intel, with the i386 install running.

The install has been running now for about 16 hours stuck on that screen (i left it to install overnight).

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    If the Solaris install has a base install option try installing just the base packages. If this installs then you can work on installing the rest.