Find the answer to your Linux question:
I changed my shell to /bin/zsh from /bin/bash while logged in as root... now when I try to log back in I'm completely locked out... I attempted to get root ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

No zsh shell...

I changed my shell to /bin/zsh from /bin/bash while logged in as root... now when I try to log back in I'm completely locked out... I attempted to get root access thru logging on to another user account but when I type su, then my password I get the response "Cannot execute /bin/zsh: No such file or directory". Can someone tell me how to get around this? I'd hate to lose all my files and tweaking I've done. By the way, I'm using MEPIS 3.4.3. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

I guess you could use:
    Code:
    su -l root -c /bin/bash
    to get a root shell so you can fix the problem, but you could also just use the '-c <command>' option to execute a command that will reset your shell.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for your quick reply nalg... I used the commands and just got back into my root account... I'll be VERY careful from now on when changing shells and probably just stick with /bash for awhile... I just can't figure out why /zsh was in the list of available shells (from the command cat /etc/shells) if it wasn't installed??? Anyhow, thanks again.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close