Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
No, that isn't the correct url. Try the last one I posted (it ends in m4v)...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

No, that isn't the correct url. Try the last one I posted (it ends in m4v)
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

OH MY GOSH!! Vergil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
    THAT WORKS! I used the url you listed, opened kaffeine, hit open url and put that it, and it worked! WHERE did you get (or how) did you get the url?
    I put my pointer on the empty black box where media connectivity was, then right clicked and selected properties, from that I got something like
    http:// parelli/podcast/yad yada/ .mov
    obviously, this didn't work, how should I correctly get the link?
    Kaffeine can play it with the correct link given.
    I am so excited I can hardly type!
    Thank you THANK you Thank YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool beans Vergil,
    It now works for me too, you rock!
    I think the way he got the URL is, when you first go to the web page with the podcast and you see the "Play" button, right click on the play button and select copy URL.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

I don't really have a play button. The closest I have is the black square that has the media connectivity button in the middle of it. If I click on that and properties, every thing it gives me is similar, the part about httpodcast/parelli, but they all end in qtplacehold.mov
    I tried changing the last part to .m4v, but that isn't working either. I haven't found a way yet to get the url ending in .m4v
    Am using kaffeine to try to play them.
    Where are you seeing the play button??

Quote Originally Posted by savvy_cowgirl View Post
    I don't really have a play button. The closest I have is the black square that has the media connectivity button in the middle of it. If I click on that and properties, every thing it gives me is similar, the part about httpodcast/parelli, but they all end in qtplacehold.mov
    I tried changing the last part to .m4v, but that isn't working either. I haven't found a way yet to get the url ending in .m4v
    Am using kaffeine to try to play them.
    Where are you seeing the play button??
    I'm thinking I have a different plugin than you do. I'm using mplayerplug-in with Firefox. When I first get to the page with the podcast, I see an mplayerplug-in window with a play button, sort of like youtube. But clicking on it didn't do anything, so I copy/pasted the URL into mplayer itself and it works.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

MikeTbob is correct. I have to push a play button, then I can write click and select "open in media player". It is different from me because I am using totem and totem-mozilla. The reason I didn't advise installing this is because I thought kaffine would work and for you to install totem will take up a lot of space.

MikeTbob, when I use mplayer I can't copy the url and it finally crashes on me. I guess the Gentoo or FC6 version must be slightly different than the debian/ubuntu/mepis version.
    Last edited by Vergil83; 06-12-2007 at 02:24 AM. Reason: MikeTbob response

Thumbs up We hav a system!!

Ok, I'm going to post this mess in case someone else has this problem, maybe it will help. I disabled MediaConnectivityPlayer, then restarted Firefox. Then when I would click on a podcast the blue box would show up, then eventually I would get a start button, push start, it will say loading, it is lying. Right click on blue box and click on play, it won't, but do it anyway. Then when the start button (a little box with the word start in it) comes back, push it again. THEN you get the play button, put your cursor on it REALLY FASTTTTTTT, and right click, select copy URL. Then you get a good url, not one that says qtplaceholder.mov, you get a real playable url, that you can then paste into Kaffeine and yipppeee yeah I can watch my Parelli podcasts! Or at least the 3 I checked.
    Thank you so much Vergil and MikeTBob, I really do appreciate it. I just love those podcasts and take every chance I can to better by schooling. It was so very kind of you both!

Well, I guess that is a solution, to bad it couldn't be easier. Oh well, enjoy your videos

Oh Vergil!, I wanted to see these podcasts so much that I don't mind. I am just so grateful to you and MikeTBob that I can watch them every week now. It's a system, not pretty, but I can watch every podcast doing it. I didn't even realize that the link I needed DIDN'T end in .mov till you all helped me get my link and plug in problem sorted out! Thanks to you both.

Just Joined!

Howdeee from an Oklahoman

Index of /Parelli Natural Horsemanship/Podcast_files
    Select a subdir with the word files on the end ...

Will take you right to where they save the actual files for the podcasts
    so you can actually download them and savor them forever....

download the massive file ending with .m4v
    I downloaded them all totalled 178 mb
    Titles:
    Being Nice
    Future of Horsemanship
    Grooming
    Tying
    Leading
    Keeping Safe
    How Horses Learn

I am sure their ultimate goal was to "allow" everyone who wants to see these....
    and I changed the extensions of all of them back to .mov and they all play just fine with
    Totem
    Kaffiene
    and Kmplayer

take care

Linux is like breaking horses...ya gotta get back on if yer thrown....LOL

ciao Y'all
    burdicda

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast