Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi: My problem is only being able to go to two web sights Debian .org and Ask.com also not being able to link from these sights. Dream Linux forums do ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

limited internet using dream linux 2,2

Hi: My problem is only being able to go to two web sights Debian .org and Ask.com also not being able to link from these sights. Dream Linux forums do not seem to respond so I thought I would try here. I have tried with the ice weasel browser that came with the distro as well as firefox 2.0

Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by landpetty View Post
    Hi: My problem is only being able to go to two web sights Debian .org and Ask.com also not being able to link from these sights. Dream Linux forums do not seem to respond so I thought I would try here. I have tried with the ice weasel browser that came with the distro as well as firefox 2.0

Thanks
    is that your problem is you can't browse the other web site? if it is your problem maybe it is not the browser (firefox) maybe you network configuration...

test it again.try to connect to some website with subdomain or try this link mail.yahoo.com..if you can't connect the problem is your DNS configuration..but if this is not the case try to explain it very well.

but before you solve it there must be something to consider...
    what is your connection? are you connected by LAN or Direct to the Net
    do you have a router in your internet connection?
    if yes, do you know what is the DNS of your ISP?

Just Joined!
    Hi and thanks for the help I am able to go anywhere on the net using kanotix ,ubuntu puppy linux even win 98 on the same box, yes I do have a router on a local lan, it doesn't seem to matter which of 5 boxes I try to use this live cd of dream linux 2.2 on I can only go to Ask.com or Debian .org not to yahoo mail or even linux forums. I am answering this post using puppy linux on the same box.If I am able to find dns info from one of the distros that work and enter that into Dream do you feel it could end my problem?

Thanks

Talking

Hi and thanks for the help I am able to go anywhere on the net using kanotix ,ubuntu puppy linux even win 98 on the same box, yes I do have a router on a local lan, it doesn't seem to matter which of 5 boxes I try to use this live cd of dream linux 2.2 on I can only go to Ask.com or Debian .org not to yahoo mail or even linux forums. I am answering this post using puppy linux on the same box.If I am able to find dns info from one of the distros that work and enter that into Dream do you feel it could end my problem?

Thanks
    "If I am able to find dns info from one of the distros that work and enter that into Dream do you feel it could end my problem?"

Yes this could help you a lot. this is the very important thing that you should do first if you want to share your internet connection into different O. S. in LAN using router. You can get it through the router. look at the connection status of the router and then you can find there the 2 DNS then configure all Network Interface and do not use DCHP as long as you can coz it is better if you know your network well and do not forget to enter your DNS at every Network Interface.I hope you understand, I am not very good in English I am Filipino from Philippines so please be patient with my grammar.hehehe!!

Just Joined!

Thanks

Thanks for the help I will try your suggestions, by the way I think your english is fine. I am a senior citizen residing in the Denver Colorado U.S.A. area.

Thanks again
    Landpetty

Thanks for the help I will try your suggestions, by the way I think your english is fine. I am a senior citizen residing in the Denver Colorado U.S.A. area.

Thanks again
    Landpetty

Please inform me of the result coz it gives me confident with what I worked out.

Just Joined!

solved

Hi. Thanks for the help, but on a ubuntu forum I found a post and answer for a similar problem. By putting about:config in the browser subject line,hitting enter,and scrolling down to a line that says network ipv6 is enabled and clicking on it to disable ipv6 my problem was solved. web pages load for any sight and load fast!

Thanks
    Landpetty

Hi. Thanks for the help, but on a ubuntu forum I found a post and answer for a similar problem. By putting about:config in the browser subject line,hitting enter,and scrolling down to a line that says network ipv6 is enabled and clicking on it to disable ipv6 my problem was solved. web pages load for any sight and load fast!

Thanks
    Landpetty

thanks for the reply..

It did not come to my mind that your ipv6 was enabled. I'll try to research what's with ipv6. I know this thing but I always disabled this thing on my pc coz I don't have enough knowledge about it.

Thanks again, you gave me an idea for what should I am going to study for now.