Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all. I just got done downloading a 503mb file for Morphix gnome. I downloaded it from this site here: Morphix download location at Morphix.com I have a WinRar Archive ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Morphix and MagicISO - Help on how to...

Hello all.

I just got done downloading a 503mb file for Morphix gnome. I downloaded it from this site here:

Morphix download location at Morphix.com

I have a WinRar Archive file named as MorphixCombined-Gnome-0.4-1.iso.

But when I do open it, I see files of all sorts. I'm still learning on how to create live CDs and what not, and what I need is my next step from here. The download site did say i was a full featured ISO, so from here, do I use an ISO maker, and just make an ISO, is there something else to be done ? Or do I burn the files to a CD as is, or unpack them first. The ISO maker I'm using is MagicISO. Is this a correct program to use ? What do I do next ? I've searched endlessly, and no where does it explain clearly. So I thought I'd join the forums and ask. If any one can help. Thanks.

-Aquila

Edit: Solution to problem found.

Ok, so I was being confused 10 fold over the ISO issue. The Morphix that I downloaded was already ISO form. WinRAR was associated with ISOs which allows me to open and extracted the files. Thats where I was getting confused. Otherwise, all I needed to do after the download of the ISO was to use a ISOmaker such as Magic ISO or any image burner such as maybe Alcohol120% to burn the ISO onto the disk, hence making a functional LiveCD.
    Last edited by Aquila Assassin; 07-18-2007 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Found a solution to the problem.