Find the answer to your Linux question:
First off, i am a total noob to linux, so there's really a lot that i want to ask I started using linux very recently because of my study (Computing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing driver in RadixLinux

First off, i am a total noob to linux, so there's really a lot that i want to ask

I started using linux very recently because of my study (Computing Science), and my lecturer recommended using Radix, so i managed to install it (Radix 5, GNOME Ver 2.16.0) and do a dual boot, but i am stuck with installing drivers for the hardware

i understand that installing drivers in linux is very different than in windows. Now i want to install the driver for my wireless (Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG), so i got the driver (ipw2200-1.2.0.tgz) and the firmware (ipw2200-fx-3.0.tgz). however, i don't know how to proceed from here. i read the install document, but i don't understand what it is talking about.

can anyone teach me or show me a website on how to install drivers? many thanks in advance

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums, chiu2000!

I don't do any wireless myself so can't help much, but take a look through this HowTo for some instructions that might help:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...lan-linux.html
    oz