Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a cd or dvd with point and click Linux that I want to install on my computer which is the simply mepis distro. When I try to install ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing Mepis

I have a cd or dvd with point and click Linux that I want to install on my computer which is the simply mepis distro. When I try to install it doesn't install just gives me a dos window waiting for me to type code or something. At that time I don't know what to do. Does anyone know how I can get it to install it is a live cd also? I got the cd an dvd from the back of the book point and click Linux. James

Did you go into the BIOS and set the boot order to boot cdrom first?
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

You have burned .iso image incorrectly. .iso images are bootable by default. If you select Create Bootable CD option in CD Burner Package, burner installs DR DOS in CD to make it bootable and Dos Prompt appears on booting up from that CD.

Select BURN IMAGE to DISK option in CD Burner Package.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!

Installing Mepis

Yes I have the bios selecting the cd dvd rom first. I am able to open it a boot from that an explore the net using mepis but as a live dvd only. I can't get it to install on my hard drive. I did not burn the disk there were to in th book I purchased. The tutorial cd and the bootable dvd. Will try again later. Thanks a lot. Maybe later I can see you on mepis linux. I do have my daughter running linspire on her computer.James