Comparison of source-based distros?
I'm looking for a nice comparison of source-based Linux distributions.
I've used Google before, of course, but didn't find anything like that since most people seem not to be interested in system optimization and cleanness, but am I. :)
They should include the most of what Wikipedia calls source-based:
- (Gentoo/Funtoo) I've used Gentoo before, so it's not that important for my comparison.
- Source Mage
... and possibly such cool and fancy things like:
I'm interested in the following:
- Development activity: How well is it being maintained? How much up-to-date?
- Development philosophy: How much upstream/patching? Is it easy to commit my own ports?
- Characteristics: What else being important to know about it?
- Stability: Is it more or less usable?
- System & package management (most important): Which (dis)advantages does their package/source management have? --> comparison
The last point is most important, since I wasn't even able to get some information on it for e.g. CRUX or Source Mage.
BTW, I want it to use for my desktop, but that shouldn't be too important...
Minimal Intro 2 Minimal apropos Distro
A good intro to the Fluxbox version, which I haven't tried (I really like Salix64-13.1.2-Xfce, though):))
Salix OS • View topic - Salix Fluxbox 13.1.2 has been released!