Help Picking Distro [Don't shoot!]
I'm aware, most of you are probably sick of hearing these degenerate threads about Linux users frantically searching for a new distribution and have no idea where to go. Well I come to ask that favour once more. I'm currently a Ubuntu user and have nearly fully switched from Windows (have it on a 50GB partition dual booted). I'm growing tired of Ubuntu's changes, and the latest release has plagued my computer with errors that I gradually fix.
I'm looking for a new distribution that is good for:
- Running a local LAMPP server
- Flexible GUI's (switching between KDE, Gnome, etc)
- Heavy internet usage
- Heavy development usage (however, I'm using lightweight tools)
- Quick installation (but difficulty doesn't matter)
- Doesn't load up a fresh install with a bunch of crapware
- Great Flash, audio/video codecs support
- Boots up quickly on moderate hardware
I'm currently trying various distros on a VM but still looking for suggestions. Thanks guys!