How to Uninstall Linux and Re-install Win XP?
Hi to all out there. I am a newbie to this forum. I am facing problems uninstalling Linux and re-installing Win XP. Hope someone can help me out.
I installed Radix Linux from www.radixsystems.com early this year on my P3 800 MHz PC after attending a Linux course. Basically, I only wanted to have some practice on the Linux system. Installation of Linux was not a problem - I replaced the Win XP OS completely with Linux. Since then, I think I had enough Linux practice.
So I tried to uninstall Linux and reinstall Win XP but was unsuccessful. Below is a step-by-step description of what I did and what happened:
1. Changed BIOS settings to boot-up first from CD-ROM drive
2. Put Win XP CD into CD-ROM drive
3. Restarted PC
4. Display shows "Press any key to boot up from CD drive"
5. Pressed a key
6. Display shows "Inspecting your file configuration" (or something to that effect)
7. Display goes black immediately after that. (CD-ROM light was off. However, PC's light was on but was not blinking. The PC/display remained in this state even though I waited for more than 1 hour.)
8. I finally gave up and did a forced shutdown of the PC by keeping the on/off button pressed for a few seconds.
I don't think my Win XP CD was defective. (I also tried a Win XP SP 2 CD but the result was the same.) I searched this forum and found that some other people have raised this problem some time ago but there seemed to be no conclusive solution.
What I need is a step-by-step guide on what I should do. Thanks in advance