Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm somewhat new to debian. It's seems that they a large collections of softwares. Can anyone please let know if it's possible to install .deb packages in PClinuxOS. For some ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to install .deb package in pclinuxos

I'm somewhat new to debian. It's seems that they a large collections of softwares. Can anyone please let know if it's possible to install .deb packages in PClinuxOS. For some reason i tought that i have seen some where a package called " kdebian " , to install .deb packages for non-debian systems.

thank you

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    What package are you trying to install? Is it not available in rpm format? To install Debian packages onto an rpm based distro, you would have to convert them to rpm using a tool called alien. This does not in anyway guarantee that the package will install or work flawlessly.

Just Joined!

In no way supported

.deb packages in an rpm based sitribution are in no way supported.
    Use of the alien package isn't reccomended, use the PClinuxOS package management tool to install KDE, or anyother package.
    .deb is DEBIAN, not RPM Based distro's

Just Joined!
    If you cannot find the file in an rpm format, I wouldn't go into all the conversion stuff. For rpm's you can use the KDE rpm installer.