Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I want to get my USB to ethernet device working (called ST 268 i believe). I got a driver dm9601 which is working fine in Debian etch. But i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

pclos 2007 - modprobe does not recognize my module

Hi,

I want to get my USB to ethernet device working (called ST 268 i believe). I got a driver dm9601 which is working fine in Debian etch. But i cant get it to work in PCLinux OS 2007. I compiled the module in PCL and copied the dm9601.ko file to /lib/modules/2.6.... /kernel/drivers/net folder. I also created in entry in /etc/modprobe.conf file (instead of /etc/modules as in debian). The entry was
    "alias eth1 dm9601"

However the module does not load. I get a message saying "Fatal: Module dm9601 not found" in /var/log/messages.

Can someone please help. Where should i keep the ko file and should i make any additional entry too??

Also... all the other modules in the directory were ko.gz. So i tried to zip the dm9601.ko to dm9601.ko.gz also. But that did not work too...

Thanks
    Mandeep

Just Joined!
    OK. I got it to work..... i did not do a depmod -ae after copying the module. Got the answer from a mandriva forum