Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
GRUB is currently on the installation CD, and the MBR is on your hard drive. The installation script should give you an option to install GRUB to the MBR during ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

GRUB is currently on the installation CD, and the MBR is on your hard drive.

The installation script should give you an option to install GRUB to the MBR during the installation.
    oz

Read my last post, I updates it about my installation.

And I am having a weird problem. I go through the steps to install on the partition and it copies all the files and several minutes go by and I guess it finishes up because the installer closes.
    Did installer throw any error before closing? What does machine display at startup? GRUB Menu or anything else?
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I didn't boot it because it didn't install. No errors either.

Trying Mandriva now. Then Ubuntu if Mandriva doesn't work. Then i'll be stuck if Crapuntu doesn't work....

Well I finally got Grub installed.

Except that it was all messed up. It let me boot linux, but not windows. I had to force it to find the Windows kernel in the command line. Something I don't want to have to do every time I boot my system.

Then all of a sudden Linux wouldn't boot. Out of the blue it would stall during the boot... The only distribution I got working was Puppy linux and it ended up having the problems I just listed.

God damn, finally...

PCLinuxOS installed finally worked and didn't quit during install. I was able to get it working now. It boots beautifully into Windows XP (default) and PCLinuxOS.

Yay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2