Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am at the moment running PCLinuxOS 2007 and would like to upgrade to PCLinuxOS 2008. Would i have to go through the whole installation process again? for example, download ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Upgrade PCLinuxOS 2007

I am at the moment running PCLinuxOS 2007 and would like to upgrade to PCLinuxOS 2008. Would i have to go through the whole installation process again? for example, download and burn the PCLinuxOS 2008 ISO and then re-install over PCLinuxOS 2007 or is there another simpler way? Thanks

I would suggest you to backup data and go for fresh installation. You can upgrade exiting OS without installation too. Just boot up from Latest version and select Upgrade instead of installation. Your data and settings will be intact. I am not a PCLinuxOS user and not sure if Upgrade works fine in PCLinuxOS. Upgrade create a few problems in other distros.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the help and advice Devils_Casper

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    If you have upgraded via Synaptic you should be fine as this is a rolling release. MiniMe 2008 is a minimal install version. The full version is yet to be released. It will have all the upgrades include for the packages on the LiveCD.

Regards,
    JonC