Find the answer to your Linux question:
Guys I need help.I have downloaded the live CD and burned it.I boot the PClinux from the cd but after loading it tells to put a localhost login.i tried guest,root ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

PCLinuxOS 2007 LiveCD localhost login

Guys I need help.I have downloaded the live CD and burned it.I boot the PClinux from the cd but after loading it tells to put a localhost login.i tried guest,root and some others but I couldn't login.What can I do.PLZZZZZZZZZ HEEEELP MEEEEEE!!!!

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    PCLOS 2007 has either
    guest password is guest
    root password is root

You will need the root password to install
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    PCLOS 2007 has either
    guest password is guest
    root password is root

You will need the root password to install
    No I only want to test it it but I tried guest and guest but it said incorrect login.I have tested another version of pclos before but I didn't have to give a localhost login.....

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by fivos1 View Post
    Guys I need help.I have downloaded the live CD and burned it.I boot the PClinux from the cd but after loading it tells to put a localhost login.i tried guest,root and some others but I couldn't login.What can I do.PLZZZZZZZZZ HEEEELP MEEEEEE!!!!
    Dude, you're in the text-based interface. That means that you did not come to the graphical interface for PCLOS2007. So unless you know your way around a command line Terminal, I suggest:

1) Re-downloading/Re-burning the LiveCD
    2) Posts about how to get the graphical interface up and running on your computer
    3) A different distro.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by SkittleLinux18 View Post
    Dude, you're in the text-based interface. That means that you did not come to the graphical interface for PCLOS2007. So unless you know your way around a command line Terminal, I suggest:

1) Re-downloading/Re-burning the LiveCD
    2) Posts about how to get the graphical interface up and running on your computer
    3) A different distro.
    no it isn't the text based.i downloaded it from here it is the official downloading site.

no it isn't the text based.i downloaded it from here it is the official downloading site.
    I know it isn't text-based. i have PCLOS and use it more than any other distro. i was trying to say that it sounded like your graphical interface wasn't loading. probably because of hardware issues. So you were being kicked to a CLI (Command Line Interface).

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by SkittleLinux18 View Post
    I know it isn't text-based. i have PCLOS and use it more than any other distro. i was trying to say that it sounded like your graphical interface wasn't loading. probably because of hardware issues. So you were being kicked to a CLI (Command Line Interface).
    well I searched it and i am not the only one with the problem but the others said that when they loaded it with the Vesa drivers it was ok.i tried it too but it didn't work.I don't think that it is hardware issue.my computer is new.I bought in the summer.Well it may have been a problem when I burned it...I was out of CDs so i found one that wasn't in the best condition.I will reburn it and see what I can do.Whatever,thanks for the help.

well I searched it and i am not the only one with the problem but the others said that when they loaded it with the Vesa drivers it was ok.i tried it too but it didn't work.I don't think that it is hardware issue.my computer is new.I bought in the summer.Well it may have been a problem when I burned it...I was out of CDs so i found one that wasn't in the best condition.I will reburn it and see what I can do.Whatever,thanks for the help.
    Trust me, I feel your pain! haha... Sometimes it's not a hardware issue because the hardware in your computer is old or broken. It could be in the best condition, but still not be compatible with the default drivers a particular distro uses upon install/boot. So maybe try another distro or keep looking for the answer. You'll get it, and we're more than happy to help! Maybe some people with more knowledge than me will come across this thread and they can help you better than I can. Good Luck!
    Linux user since: June 2007
    Current distro: kubuntu-14.04
    Specs: AMD Atholon 64 X2 3.2 Ghz, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTS 250 1GB VRAM
    High five if you saw the linux computers 24 used on their CTU sets.