Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi trying to get skype working in PCLOS, downloaded it from synaptics, program loads fine, when I do play test sound, it mplays the test sound, but when I do ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Skype issue

Hi
    trying to get skype working in PCLOS, downloaded it from synaptics, program loads fine, when I do play test sound, it mplays the test sound, but when I do make test call, or try to make any kind of a call, I get call failed, problem with audio playback.

My sound card is built into my mother board, it uses the snd via82xx driver by default, my sound card is the VT8233 (AC-97 controller), is there a specific driver I need to get or any advice?

I downloaded skype, cause I also noticed in Kopete, where the audio video setup is, there is only a video tab, so for some reason, it would seem, its not recognizing my sound card correctly. But yet, CD's, mp'3 and system sounds all work fine. I can go to the mixer and turn the mic on and it works. so what do I need?

Thanks

Just Joined!

Solved

sorry, I posted too soon I guess..LOL, I went into synaptics and installed anything that said advanced linux sound architechure and it works now.

Im learning