Find the answer to your Linux question:
currently running PCLOS with all the latest updates, wanted to make a live cd to show a friend. Went to the system dirrectory, and clicked make live CD, that worked ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Making Live CD help

currently running PCLOS with all the latest updates, wanted to make a live cd to show a friend.

Went to the system dirrectory, and clicked make live CD, that worked fine, it created an iso file named remaster.iso

I open K3B, and click Burn CD Image, select the iso, insert a blank cdr, and click start, it then reports an error, wrong medium, please insert a dvd-r, I want to make a live CD not a dvd, there are 2 options on K3b to make a cd or a dvd, I am clicking CD, but it still keeps asking for a blank DVD-R Anyone else have this problem, do I need to create the iso differently, or whats the problem.

My iso file is 1.5GB, is that why its asking for a dvd-r, and will a dvd-r work in a drive that doesnt record dvd's?

Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

Rick
    Linux Reg #470550

Yeah, the file is to big for cd. No a dvd wont burn in a cdrw drive. An alternative is to make a bootable usb 2 gig drive. Just make sure the computer you are going to boot into has that option in bios.
    PCLinuxOS MiniMe 2008 USB Flash Drive install | USB Pen Drive Linux

Another option is to install an external DVDRW like Liteon makes. That is what I use to write dvd's on my panasonic laptop. Bought it on ebay for 25.00
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home