Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im running PCLOS 2007 on my desktop, I made a remaster iso, and then using Unetbootin on my windows laptop I made a USB pen drive. It boots on my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Pendrive PCLOS 2007 question

Im running PCLOS 2007 on my desktop, I made a remaster iso, and then using Unetbootin on my windows laptop I made a USB pen drive. It boots on my linux desktop, but wont boot on my windows laptop. The laptop is setup to boot from usb, but it wont boot from USB, it doesnt even try to load the grub. I know my laptop is capable of booting from usb, cause I made a PCLOS mini me pendrive using the same method and that one boots on both the laptop and the desktop.

My pendrive with the PCLOS 07 is a pny 2gb and my pendrive with the minime is a mobile mate 1gb, both are formated as fat.

Any ideas why the PCLOS on the 2gb stick will boot on my desktop but not the laptop?

Just Joined!

Smile Pendrive PCLOS 2007 question {SOLVED}

I figured it out. after redoing the pendrive files over and over again, I finally figured out that for some reason, the Pny 2GB flash drive, needed to be FAT16. Its kinda odd, my smaller pendrives (512MB and 1gb) boot on my laptop as FAT, but the 2GB needed to be FAT16.

In the process of trying to figure this out, I also found a better way to install PCLOS to the flash drive, I was using Unetbootin, but I dont like the spalsh screen they put in there with there name, so this time I used fixpclos.exe that I downloaded from www.pendrivelinux.com/downloads/fixpclos.exe

Totally simple method, I like it.

PCLOS runs super fast on my laptop, its crazy that it runs so fast from the flash drive.