Find the answer to your Linux question:
I really like Ubuntu, but I have had several Issues running Ubuntu on my gaming rig. I had SLI setup with the latest Nvidia GLX driver ... and I had ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question PCOsLinux or Ubuntu?

I really like Ubuntu, but I have had several Issues running Ubuntu on my gaming rig. I had SLI setup with the latest Nvidia GLX driver ... and I had some issues with Ubuntu in geneal and I got DVDs to play with totem but I had no control functions and my Logitech Media Keyboard would not work with Totem. So my question is ... is Ubuntu better or is PCOsLinux better for a gaming rig or just over all better?

oz
    forum.guy
    It's really a matter of personal opinion for most users as to which is the best.

I'd recommend making images of your current partitions if they are important to you, then installing PCLinuxOS to see what you think of it. If you end up liking it, you are good to go. If you don't like it, it only takes a few minutes to restore your images so that you are right back to where you were.

That said, I don't run either of them, but have had better results with Ubuntu in the past. PCLinuxOS has always given me various issues to contend with. Of course, that's just my own experience with them.

Maybe some of the others will reply with other info and tips.

Best of luck with it.
    oz

I have found

I tried ubuntu briefly while i was experimenting with all the linux os's i could find and while it is a bit tougher to set games up on pclinuxos i found that they did run better. but, and that is a big but, it's all in the way your configured and what your running on. the pclinuxos is what i finally decided on running until something better comes along. and games are a big part of my virtual life.

Momento Mori