Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok so i just made a fresh install of pclinuxos 2010 e-17 setup everything and its working great so i decide to go in synaptic and mark all upgrades and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Angry pclinuxos 2010 e-17: llibembryo.so.0 cannot open

ok so i just made a fresh install of pclinuxos 2010 e-17 setup everything and its working great so i decide to go in synaptic and mark all upgrades and apply about 70% of the way though applying i get an error and try to recover needless to say it crashes and no i cant login i get an error message that says the shared file libembryo.so.0 cannot open no such file or directory

its been a couple years since ive been using linux needless to say im pretty rusty any suggestions?

Found this...

Upgrade of PCLinuxOS 2010 E17 broke E17

Is libembyo even on your system? If so, you may need to make a symlik from the newer version to libembryo.so.0. It's probably in /lib or /usr/lib...

Code:
    locate libembryo
    If it's in say, /usr/lib, do:
    Code:
    ls -l /usr/lib/libembryo*
    If nothing is there, can you try and install it from the command line? I'm totally unfamiliar with PCLinuxOS so not sure how this would be done...

Edit: After some digging, libembryo appears to be a part of e17 and is in its /lib directory. In Arch it's in /opt/e17/lib. Check that one too or see if you can locate it.
    Last edited by Dapper Dan; 09-12-2010 at 02:06 AM.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here