Find the answer to your Linux question:
I love the program and have gotten it to work well but... they just came out with an update and i was wondering what the process for getting it on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Forgive my impatience... floola

I love the program and have gotten it to work well but...
    they just came out with an update and i was wondering what the process for getting it on synaptic is? meaning, how does one post the update on the manager and if i can't do that myself does anyone have an idea of when it will be available through synaptic?
    thanks much,
    Momento Mori

Hi and Welcome !

OS developers and maintainers test the new upgrades and if everything work fine, they will update sources.
    Synaptic package manager fetch list of available/upgradable packages from sources only. When ever there will be an update in sources, Synaptic will display it under available updates info.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Quote Originally Posted by devils casper View Post
    Hi and Welcome !

OS developers and maintainers test the new upgrades and if everything work fine, they will update sources.
    Synaptic package manager fetch list of available/upgradable packages from sources only. When ever there will be an update in sources, Synaptic will display it under available updates info.
    Very good, that's how figured things worked, does anyone happen to Know or be any of these people? i would like to learn how to do some of this myself.
    Last edited by MomentoMori; 10-15-2010 at 02:43 AM. Reason: added a word that had no business being there

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close