Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, This is Arnab and I'm completely new to linux. I know little bit of commands. So when setting up wifi using ndiswrapper in PClinux OS 2012 KDE it does ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need help regarding setting up wifi in PCLINUX os 2012

Hello,

This is Arnab and I'm completely new to linux. I know little bit of commands. So when setting up wifi using ndiswrapper in PClinux OS 2012 KDE it does everything well but my wifi keeps in switched off mode. But if I enter the LAN cable from router for 1 sec and remove it, thw wifi gets switched on. Everytime this is happening.

I need to plug in the Lan cale to switch on the wifi and my wifi is detected as eth0 not as wlan0

Laptop:compaq 325
    Wifi chip:broadcom 4313
    OS pclinux os 2012 KDE

Please help to resolve this issue. Wifi gets swichted off when computer gets restarted

Thanks in advance
    Arnab Das

Just Joined!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by papan5069 View Post
    Hello,

This is Arnab and I'm completely new to linux. I know little bit of commands. So when setting up wifi using ndiswrapper in PClinux OS 2012 KDE it does everything well but my wifi keeps in switched off mode. But if I enter the LAN cable from router for 1 sec and remove it, thw wifi gets switched on. Everytime this is happening.

I need to plug in the Lan cale to switch on the wifi and my wifi is detected as eth0 not as wlan0

Laptop:compaq 325
    Wifi chip:broadcom 4313
    OS pclinux os 2012 KDE

Please help to resolve this issue. Wifi gets swichted off when computer gets restarted

Thanks in advance
    Arnab Das
    Please help me its a strange problem I'm facing. How my wireless card is detected in eth0 rather tha wlan0. Help me to fix this issue

Please post all the outputs as required HERE.
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close