Find the answer to your Linux question:
Have been trying to find or figure out how to delete pclos from my computer, but no luck. Right now I have ubuntu as a dualpart hence i cant just ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Uninstall pclos

Have been trying to find or figure out how to delete pclos from my computer, but no luck.
    Right now I have ubuntu as a dualpart hence i cant just format everything. I cant access ubunut though the bootloader and pclinux wasnt really my taste anyway.
    Also, i have 100% cpu usage when im running a flashmovie or mp4 etc, in every os i've tried sofar, any possible solution?

Run a live cd of whatever distro you are comfortable with and do what you wish to do is how
    I would handle this.

Not knowing your computer specs and needing more detailed info in this thread makes it impossible to answer any other way.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Linux Guru
    You don't delete operating systems. As indicated above, you can just format a partition or reinstall something else to that partition. If you can't access Ubuntu and don't want PCLinux in your dual-boot, why not format the whole thing. I agree with above poster that you need to post more info on exactly what your situation is.

Just Joined!
    I allready have that os i want to have, but cant access it from the bootloader.
    I have backedup on the most of the thing, but there are somethings i cant backup, like my downloadlist on transmission and thats why i cant format everything.
    Also, when I try to install antoher os on the pclos it says "No root file system is defined. Please correct this from the partioning menu."

And yes, you can delete an os: wikihow.com/ Erase-Ubuntu
    Also the computer is a toshiba sattelitte m40x.

Linux Guru
    So is Ubuntu the system you want but can't boot? Could you ever access it? If so, what changed?

Also, when I try to install antoher os on the pclos it says "No root file system is defined.
    What does "try to install another os on the pclos" mean? You mean the computer? You're booting the installation CD to try to install, correct? So define a root filesystem. We can't tell you how without more information and can't help you boot Ubuntu or whatever operating system you have with the information you have posted.

The site you linked to deletes a partition or partitions and not the operating system. It would depend upon how it was installed but deleting or formatting a partition should eliminate whatever was on it.

To add to what yancek said. From your Laptop model post statement. That tells us nothing. Ram can be from 256MB to over 1gig of ram. Depending on whether hardware was upgraded. Same Same for hard drive size. Same for CPU. Still clue less.

We don't even know which bootloader was used. PCLOS or Ubuntus.
    No

Code:
    [~] fdisk -l

Disk /dev/sda: 4034 MB, 4034838528 bytes
    109 heads, 2 sectors/track, 36149 cylinders
    Units = cylinders of 218 * 512 = 111616 bytes

Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
    /dev/sda1              10       36141     3938304   83  Linux

Disk /dev/sdb: 16.1 GB, 16139354112 bytes
    255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 1962 cylinders
    Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

/dev/sdb1               1        1963    15759360   83  Linux

Disk /dev/sdc: 3957 MB, 3957325824 bytes
    61 heads, 60 sectors/track, 2111 cylinders
    Units = cylinders of 3660 * 512 = 1873920 bytes

/dev/sdc1   *           3        2112     3860480    b  W95 FAT32

Disk /dev/sdd: 4007 MB, 4007624704 bytes
    32 heads, 63 sectors/track, 3882 cylinders
    Units = cylinders of 2016 * 512 = 1032192 bytes

/dev/sdd1               1        3882     3913024+   b  W95 FAT32
    readout yet. Though I figure you don't know about that.

Like right now. I am in Puppeee Linux 4.4 running off of a frugal install on a 4gig SD flash card on my Celeron 900mhz EEEPC 900, 2GIG ram, with dual drive 4 Gig and 16 Gig ssd drives that has AntiX 11 installed on internal SSD as / going on 4 gig SSD with /home sitting on 16gig SSD symlinked to / (/home folder). To save on space on dist-upgrades to / 4gig drive.

I am pulling files off of internal drive install of AntiX 11 to a fat32 4 gig usb in preparation for a AntiX 12 install when AntiX 12 goes final. I have had this install going on internal drive for some time now and wish to use the latest new tools in my distro of choice even though I run as a rolling release on this netbook.

See. Details help. Don't be shy.
    Last edited by rokytnji; 05-12-2012 at 03:54 AM.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Have a look at Boot Repair which fixes your Grub 2 configuration and assuming it is still there get your Ubuntu back
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!